This recipe includes only 5 basic ingredients (6 if you count salt). Avocados are full of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, which are great for your brain, skin, and digestive system. The healthy fat in avocados boosts your metabolism and helps digest and absorb essential vitamins and minerals in your food.
The use of raw honey as a sweetness will give the mousse a natural antibiotic and antiviral quality. Additionally, raw cacao powder is full of minerals and antioxidants. Combining these superfoods results in a dessert that spans beyond the reaches of delicious – it is also quite healthy for you!
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- ½ cup Raw Cacao Powder
- Sweetener of choice – I like 1/3 cup of raw honey or ¼ teaspoon stevia (depending on desired sugar content).
- 1 shot coffee (optional, but desirable as it brings out the chocolate flavor)
- ½ cup coconut cream (or oil, if you’d like it to set firm, like a chocolate Bavarian cake)
- Pinch salt
- Whiz all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Scoop the mousse into small serving dishes, and put in the fridge to chill for at least two hours.
- Optional- Garnish with fruit and nut crumble of choice
Macronutrients (per serve):
Chocolate Avocado Mousse offers the following percentage of the Recommended Dietary Intake (RDI) for the following:
Vitamin C: 19%